All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFew resources exist to give literacy teacher educators a comprehensive view of effective, invative practices in their field, making this uniquely practical volume an important addition to the literature. Each chapter describes research findings and pedagogical methods, with an emphasis on what teachers really need to kw to succeed. Woven into the text are more than 30 detailed activities and assignments to support teacher development, written by outstanding teacher educators. Links to professional teaching standards and the Common Core State Standards are highlighted throughout. Supplemental materials, including forms, checklists, and handouts, can be downloaded and printed in a convenient 8 1/2 x 11 size.
- Author BiographyDeborah G. Litt, PhD, is Associate Professor of Education at Trinity University in Washington, D.C., where she directs the Reading Program and teaches courses in literacy learning, instruction, and assessment to preservice and inservice teachers. Earlier in her career she worked as an independent consultant introducing Writer's Workshop to schools in the D.C. metropolitan area, and then for ten years as a Reading Recovery teacher and reading specialist in Title 1 schools. Her current research interests include emergent and early reading, reading difficulties, and literacy teacher education. Susan D. Martin, PhD, is Professor in the Literacy Department at Boise State University. She has taught a range of literacy courses, including courses dedicated to writing/writing instruction at undergraduate and graduate levels. She was an elementary classroom teacher for eighteen years and still spends one day a week in a partner school, working with teacher candidates, mentor teachers, and others. Her research interests include writing teacher education, classroom writing instruction, and self-study of her teacher education practices. Nancy A. Place, PhD, is Associate Professor of Education and Associate Director of the Education Program at University of Washington, Bothell. Over the course of nearly 30 years she has been a classroom teacher, Reading Recovery teacher, coach, and district curriculum specialist. She currently teaches courses on literacy development and instruction and assessment, and facilitates groups of candidates seeking National Board certification. Her research interests include preservice and inservice teacher education and emergent literacy.
- Author(s)Deborah Litt,Nancy Place,Susan Martin
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication30/12/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Weight398 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $40.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.96
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.41
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.