All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionWhen first published in 1991, Literacy con cari introduced us to a group of bilingual students who, although seemingly doomed to failure, ultimately succeeded because they were encouraged to believe they could. By putting traditional schooling under a microscope, by shifting away from harmful teaching practices, by setting forth on a journey of culturally and developmentally appropriate pedagogy, the authors dispelled the myth that the learner is to blame whenever learning doesn't take place. While the authors' work continues to be guided by the same theoretical and philosophical motivations, in this new edition they offer new critical insight into the process of second language acquisition. Centering their arguments more closely on the work of Paulo Freire, who coauthored the new foreword, they reemphasize their belief that the path to literacy is through a child's first language. They also reinforce the necessity for teachers to create a learning environment that builds on the kwledge and experiences each child brings to the classroom.
- Author(s)Carolyn Kessler,Curtis W. Hayes,Robert Bahruth,etc.
- PublisherHeinemann USA
- Date of Publication08/10/1998
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationPortsmouth
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHeinemann Educational Books,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight313 g
- Width216 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Foreword byPaulo Freire
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.