All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionLiteracy for the 21st Century: A Balanced Approach is a thoroughly applied text written to ensure that readers understand the current theories behind and the critical components of instruction for teaching reading and writing as complementary in the development of literacy. Readers are treated to a philosophical approach that t only balances the why, what, and how of teaching literacy but also offers practical pedagogy-teaching strategies and instructional procedures-that foster thoughtful teacher preparation and ensures alignment to the literacy goals teachers are responsible to teach. New text features model practices that support diverse populations, instruction driven by sound classroom assessment, and new literacy strategies that will help teachers transform literacy learning with digital devices. Integrating the best of what we kw about teaching reading and writing, the Sixth Edition of this popular introductory text provides the balance teachers need to be successful in the classroom.
- Author BiographyGail E. Tompkins is Professor Emerita at California State University, Fresno. Currently, she works with teachers in their kindergarten through eighth-grade classrooms and leads staff-development programs on reading and writing. Dr. Tompkins was inducted into the California Reading Association's Reading Hall of Fame in recognition of her accomplishments in the field of reading, and she's received the prestigious Provost's award for Excellence in Teaching at California State University, Fresno. Dr. Tompkins is the author of six other books published by Pearson: Language Arts: Patterns of Practice, Language Arts Essentials, Teaching Writing: Balancing Process and Product, 50 Literacy Strategies, and two grade-specific versions of this text: Literacy in the Early Grades: A Successful Start for PreK-4 Readers and Writers and Literacy in the Middle Grades: Teaching Reading and Writing to Fourth Through Eighth Graders. During the past three decades, Dr. Tompkins has also worked with kindergarten through college-level writing teachers at National Writing Project sites in California and Oklahoma.
- Author(s)Gail E. Tompkins
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication05/04/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrationsstrations
- Weight884 g
- Width203 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement6th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.