All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionIt may seem obvious -- but it is t! How to read a book, a vel? How to increase your joy at reading an old or a new work? How to inject new vitality into an old and, perhaps, boring activity? Is there a method or a technique in reading a vel which can illuminate the meanings behind the story? This book answers these questions in a bold, imaginative and accessible manner! Reading is similar to a treasure hunt. You set out, you collect clues and you hope to discover a treasure, or solve a mystery. How does it work? Great detectives start out with an open mind, unaware of what lies ahead of them. They investigate, they examine the evidence, they collect the clues, they ask questions, they think things through, until they solve the mystery. Glen Hammond argues that anybody -- a casual reader, a student, or a teacher -- can learn the techniques of this new kind of literary detection. In eighteen chapters -- Sleuthing, The Creative Relationship, Tools of the Trade, Villains, Method, Title, Repetition, Characterisation, Setting, Associative Pairing, Page Space, Case Closed, Expert Witnesses -- Glenn Hammond introduces you to the excitement of reading and the treasures to be found in literary work.
- Author BiographyGlen Paul Hammond earned an Honours degree in Psychology and an MA in English Literature from the University of Toronto and a B. Ed at the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education. He has been a therapist in Applied Behavioural Analysis, Verbal Modification Therapy, an instructor for the University of Toronto's School of Continuing Studies as well as a Secondary School Teacher of English Literature. He now teaches at a private school in the Toronto area.
- Author(s)Glen Paul Hammond
- PublisherMosaic Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2008
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationOntario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintMosaic Press
- Weight130 g
- Width230 mm
- Height150 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.