All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThese essays explore the belletristic Crescent City - its history, authors, myths, and realities. This volume focuses on twentieth-century New Orleans, beginning with modernism's brief blooming in the 1920s, followed by the fading of New Orleans' peculiarly dreamy romanticism and the flourishing of a distinctive realism, and concluding with a recurrence and transformation of the earlier romantic strain in contemporary Gothic and mystery fiction.
- Author BiographyRichard S. Kennedy (1920--2002) was the author of Dreams in the Mirror: A Biography of E. E. Cummings and The Window of Memory: A Literary Biography of Thomas Wolfe. He also edited the collection Literary New Orleans: Essays and Meditations. He was a professor emeritus of English at Temple University in Philadelphia.
- PublisherLouisiana State University Press
- Date of Publication21/03/2006
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleSouthern Literary Studies (Paperback)
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLouisiana State University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight290 g
- Width153 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byRichard S Kennedy
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.