All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionThere are three different texts of the biblical Book of Esther. Literary and Empirical Readings of the Books of Esther includes a literary analysis of these three texts that indicates trends in their literary characteristics. This book also includes an empirical analysis of the reactions of real readers to the different texts. The empirical analysis indicates that real readers recognize some of the differences in the texts which were perceived from the literary analysis and that there are differences in perception depending on whether the readers were familiar with the biblical story or t. The data also enabled an analysis of the difference between male and female readers revealing that there was remarkably little difference in perception related to the gender of the reader. This book will be of particular interest in empirical studies of real readers' reactions to narrative materials.
- Author BiographyThe Author: A. Kay Fountain is currently a faculty member at the Asia Pacific Theological Seminary (APTS), Baguio City, Philippines, specializing in Old Testament biblical studies. She obtained her B.Sc. (Hons) from Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, her M.A. (Hons) in ministry and her M.Div. (Hons) at APTS before proceeding to her Ph.D. studies at Auckland University in New Zealand.
- Author(s)A. Kay Fountain
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/12/2002
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleStudies in Biblical Literature
- Series Part/Volume Number43
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight570 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.