All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionLiterature-Based Teaching in the Content Areas: 40 Strategies for K-8 Classrooms is a collection of 40 literature-based strategies to teach Key Stages 1-4 content areas: language arts and reading, social studies, mathematics, science, and the arts. Grounded in theory and research on best practices in each field, the strategies are classroom-tested and classroom-ready, with in-depth descriptions of practical activities. Each strategy describes in detail how to use one or more key books for each of the levels, Key Stage 1-2, Key Stage 3, and Key Stage 4, and also includes extensive book lists for creating classroom text sets. Ideas are also provided to differentiate instruction for English learners and struggling students. The book is full of teaching tools: specific questions and prompts for discussion and writing, graphic organizers and student writing frames, mini-lessons on skills and writing conventions, techlogy resources, and assessment ideas for each strategy. A teacher can dip into the book and choose a content area, strategy, and books to put to use immediately in the classroom.
- Author BiographyCarol Cox is Professor in the Department of Teacher Education in the College of Education at California State University, Long Beach. In this position, her responsibilities include teaching language arts and reading in culturally and linguistically diverse classrooms, field-based methods, and program design and leadership. Cox is author of Teaching Language Arts: A Student- Centered Classroom. 6e as well as lead co-author of Engaging English Learners: Exploring Literature, Developing Literacy, and Differentiating instruction,and numerous other textbooks, journal articles, and book chapters. She is currently on the editorial board of The California Reader and has previously served on the editorial board of The Reading Teacher, as well as other journals. She presents regularly at national and state level conferences in reading, literacy, and literature.
- Author(s)Carole A. Cox
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication02/03/2011
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight735 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.