All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $52.91
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.04
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionA unique book that explores the intersections of law and literature through engaging and entertaining stories, book chapters, poems, plays, and articles along with discussion topics, Literature and the Law is the only available book of its kind. This text covers a comprehensive variety of topics in law and literature utilizing shorter, thought-provoking, less canical works of fiction from such authors as Herman Melville, Harper Lee, Agatha Christie, Nathaniel Hawthorne, Cynthia Ozick, Albert Camus, and more. This approach welcomes students to develop fresh ideas through exposure to writers and stories primarily new to them.The accessibility and adaptability of this text will make it a new classroom favorite for you and your students:
- Engaging discussion questions following each story prompt instructors and students, alike, to explore a wide range of topics: professional ethics, justice, the lives of lawyers, the role of lawyers, the legal system, the psychology of lawyering, philosophy, and more An extensive, antated list of complementary readings at the end of each chapter offers teachers and students a rich and varied choice beyond the selected texts An adaptable nature makes it suitable for a wide variety of teaching schemes and literary tastes. It reinforces the strengths that teachers bring to the subject while filling in background information and offering texts for those areas with which they are less familiar, making it an ideal source for professors to integrate into their current teaching materials
- Author(s)Thomas Morawetz
- PublisherAspen Publishers Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication07/06/2007
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Series TitleCoursebook
- Place of PublicationPhiladelphia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAspen Publishers Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1043 g
- Width175 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statementannotated edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.