All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.34Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionLiterature as History presents a selection of specially commissioned essays by a range of key contemporary thinkers on the interdisciplinary study of literature and history. The unifying theme is the interrelationship between literary / cultural production and its historical moment. The essays in the collection are astute and exciting in terms of their engagement with ever-changing developments in critical and theoretical practice while retaining an invaluable focus on familiar and engaging texts and authors. The contributors offer a reappraisal of the nature of literary studies today, looking back over the thirty-five years of Peter Widdowson's career - a career which has coincided with the emergence of, challenges to, and reformulations of critical theory - and ask what the future holds, particularly for the interdisciplinary ways of working which Widdowson pioneered. Bringing together distinguished scholars in the interdisciplinary study of English and History, it seizes the opportunity to take stock of the current field of literary studies and to ask searching questions about its future development.
- Author BiographyJo Gill is Lecturer in Twentieth-Century Literature at the University of Exeter, UK. Simon Barker is Professor of English Literature in the Department of Humanities at the University of Gloucestershire, UK.
- Author(s)Catherine Belsey,John Lucas,Martin Randall,Philip W. Martin,Professor Helen Carr,Professor Simon Dentith,Terry Eagleton,Tim Dolin
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication27/10/2011
- SubjectLiterary Theory
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight297 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byJo Gill,Simon Barker
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.