Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionDuring and in the aftermath of the dark period of the Holocaust, writers across Europe and America sought to express their feelings and experiences through their writings. This book provides a comprehensive account of these writings through essays from expert scholars, covering a wide geographic, linguistic, thematic and generic range of materials. Such an overview is particularly appropriate at a time when the corpus of Holocaust literature has grown to immense proportions and when guidance is needed in determining a can of essential readings, a context to interpret them, and a paradigm for the evolution of writing on the Holocaust. The expert contributors to this volume, who negotiate the literature in the original languages, provide insight into the influence of national traditions and the importance of language, especially but t exclusively Yiddish and Hebrew, to the literary response arising from the Holocaust.
- Author BiographyAlan Rosen was a research fellow of the Fondation pour la Memoire de la Shoah from 2006 to 2009 and now lectures regularly on Holocaust Literature at Yad Vashem's International School for Holocaust Studies and other Holocaust study centers. Rosen is the author of Approaches to Teaching Wiesel's Night (2007), Sounds of Defiance: The Holocaust, Multilingualism and the Problem of English (2008) and The Wonder of their Voices: The 1946 Holocaust Interviews of David Boder (2010).
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication11/08/2011
- SubjectLiterary Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Weight480 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byAlan Rosen
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.