All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAmerican hero and explorer Admiral Richard E. Byrd, Jr. tells the story of his first journey through Antarctica and the founding of a series of camps and bases referred to as Little America. In awe of the unforgiving landscape, he eagerly met its treacherous challenges. Byrd outlines the blueprint for his first mission to Antarctica and provides a glimpse into the obstacles he and his team overcame at the world's end.
- Author BiographyRichard Evelyn Byrd, Jr., (1888-1957) was a pioneering scientific explorer of the Antarctic continent and rear admiral in the United States Navy. He completed one of the first trans-Atlantic flights and flights to the North and South Poles. Byrd was a recipient of the Medal of Honor, the highest honor for heroism given by the United States.
- Author(s)Richard E. Byrd
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication15/05/2015
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Series TitleAdmiral Byrd Classics
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Note74 black & white illustrations
- Weight740 g
- Width154 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.03Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.