All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSimon can't stop thinking about the pretty Amish teacher at the local one-room school. But he's igred the sparks between them because he's so shy. So Simon's little brother, Isaac, takes matters into his own hands. He's determined to give his brother the best Christmas present ever--a date with his favorite teacher. Amish velist Byler brings her tender humor and skillful observation of family relationships to this holiday story. I love Isaac's self-confidence and scheming as he prods his reluctant older brother, she smiles kwingly about the characters she's created. Byler takes her reader straight into the Amish world as Isaac is both charmed and anyed by his too talkative, but quite bright, Mam. He can barely tolerate his little nieces and nephews, who substantially outnumber the grown-ups when the whole family gets together. And he loves his humble circumspect Dat, although he isn't always pleased by how well Isaac sweeps the forebay in the barn. As anticipation for the Christmas program at the schoolhouse builds, Isaac cares for troubled Ruthie who stutters miserably when she practices her poem. And he wonders how much he'll have to help his brother Sim act on his growing affection for Teacher Catherine! Skyhorse Publishing, as well as our Arcade, Yucca, and Good Books imprints, are proud to publish a broad range of books for readers interested in fiction--vels, vellas, political and medical thrillers, comedy, satire, historical fiction, romance, erotic and love stories, mystery, classic literature, folklore and mythology, literary classics including Shakespeare, Dumas, Wilde, Cather, and much more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyLinda Byler grew up Amish and is an active member of the Amish church today. Growing up, Linda loved to read and write. In fact, she still does. She is the author of Running Around (and Such), the first novel in the Lizzie Searches for Love series. She is well-known within the Amish community as a columnist for a weekly Amish newspaper. Linda and her husband, their children, and grandchildren live in central Pennsylvania.
- Author(s)Linda Byler
- PublisherGood Books
- Date of Publication09/01/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationIntercourse
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGood Books,U.S.
- Weight299 g
- Width146 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.18
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.24
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.13
- AU $47.57Trending at AU $49.64
- AU $26.48Trending at AU $34.75
- AU $27.13Trending at AU $27.89
- AU $11.85Trending at AU $14.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.