All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionHow can errors produce perfection? How can failure fuel ambition? And how can confusion enhance creativity? The answer: little bets. The little bets approach is about using negativity to positive effect. If your plans fall apart, refine them; if you don't kw where best to begin, just begin somewhere. Every decision is a risk: take a chance and see what happens. In Little Bets , leading business consultant Peter Sims turns problems on their heads and outlines a counter-intuitive path to perfection. Using real-life case studies from the worlds of business, design, warfare and even comedy, he shows that it can be more rational to act first and think later, more efficient to fail and find out what doesn't work. It's a flexible philosophy that has both saved corporate giants such as Apple and Pixar and inspired the third-world microfinancing industry. When success is the only acceptable outcome, Little Bets advocates a bold and radical approach in which failure is good, questions are solutions, and excellence is t a means but an end.
- Author BiographyPeter Sims is the co-author with Bill George of the Wall Street Journal and BusinessWeek bestselling book True North. His work has appeared in the Harvard Business Review, Fortune and TechCrunch and he is a contributor to the Reuters and Harvard Business Review blogs. He received an MBA from Stanford Business School, where he and several classmates established a popular course on leadership. He has spoken or advised at such organisations as Cisco Systems, Eli Lilly, Current Media, Molson Coors, Qualcomm and Frost & Sullivan. He previously worked in venture capital with Summit Partners, a leading investment company, and was part of the team that established the firm's London office.
- Author(s)Peter Sims
- Date of Publication05/05/2011
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRandom House Business Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight440 g
- Width162 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.