All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionI've put this story together from the diaries I kept when Zac and I were children. I wrote them because I felt we were almost invisible and I wanted to make sure our story was told, and also in the hope that life would get better for the small unloved girl that was me, and my even smaller unloved brother. And if life didn't get better or at least more interesting I was going to make it up - to put in witches and castles and rides in fast cars. But I didn't need to. Life got exciting all by itself...It's 1987 and Ira and Zac are being uprooted once again, this time to Skilly House, a home for social care children. Their lives over the next few years are beautifully realised amongst the antipathy of the authorities, the drama of the poll tax riots and the moments of peace and hope Ira finds at Skilly and further afield. This is a memorable and moving tale about growing up, making friends and finding a home.
- Author BiographyAuthor S. E. Durrant spent her childhood in Scotland before moving to Leicestershire when she was twelve. She now lives in Brighton with her partner and two teenage children. Little Bits of Sky is her debut novel. Illustrator Katie Harnett grew up in Sheffield. She studied children's illustration at the Cambridge School of Art, and now lives and works in Cambridge.
- Author(s)S. E. Durrant
- PublisherNosy Crow Ltd
- Date of Publication05/05/2016
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNosy Crow Ltd
- Content NoteBlack and white chapter-head illustrations
- Weight198 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Illustrator(s)Katie Harnett
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Interest AgeFrom 9
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.