Little Book of Conflict Transformation: Clear Articulation of the Guiding Principles by a Pioneer in the Field by John Lederach (Paperback, 2003)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $9.16Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by rello1_07
- Est. delivery by 6 Mar
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis clearly articulated statement offers a hopeful and workable approach to conflict--that eternally beleaguering human situation. John Paul Lederach is internationally recognized for his breakthrough thinking and action related to conflict on all levels--person-to-person, factions within communities, warring nations. He explores why conflict transformation is more appropriate than conflict resolution or management. But he refuses to be drawn into impractical idealism. Conflict Transformation is an idea with a deep reach. Its practice, says Lederach, requires both solutions and social change. It asks t simply How do we end something t desired? , but How do we end something destructive and build something desired? How do we deal with the immediate crisis, as well as the long-term situation? What disciplines make such thinking and practices possible? A title in The Little Books of Justice and Peacebuilding Series.
- Author BiographyJohn Paul Lederach is Professor of International Peacebuilding at the Joan B. Kroc Institute of International Peace Studies, University of Notre Dame, and a Distinguished Scholar with the Conflict Transformation Program at Eastern Mennonite University. He has worked in the fields of conflict transformation and peacebuilding for more than 20 years. He works extensively in support of international conciliation efforts in Latin America, Asia, Africa, and Central Asia, as well as in North America. He has authored and co-edited 15 books and manuals in English and Spanish. Dr. Lederach received his Ph.D. in Sociology (with a concentration in the Social Conflict Program) from the University of Colorado. Lederach and his wife, Wendy, have two children.
- Author(s)John Lederach
- PublisherGood Books
- Date of Publication01/01/2003
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationIntercourse
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGood Books,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight85 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $34.80
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.