All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThese small, but perfectly formed, book collections of kitsch and kooky images come complete with fascinating facts and weird and wonderful tales. These digests of the best from classic Fifties comics contain everything from ghastly ghouls and racy romances; through wise-guy gangsters and vampish vixens; right up to battle-scarred heroes and outer space adventures. There's a fascinating introduction giving a brief background to each genre Horror, Crime, Combat, Sci-Fi, Sauciness and Romance and every one contains complete strips, text stories, unusual adverts and mind-blowing covers. Plus, each book has a free fridge magnet, making them the perfect quirky gift, either individually or as a whole set.
- Author BiographyTim Pilcher is a comic book expert, historian, journalist, and lecturer. He has worked as an assistant editor at DC Comics Vertigo imprint, and has written comic strips for the BBC, De Agostini, and the Young Telegraph. He was also associate editor of Comics International and has written numerous books on comics including the Complete Cartooning Course and The Essential Guide to World Comics with Brad Brooks, and Erotic Comics: A Graphic History Volumes 1 & 2. He is a co-founder and current Chair of the Comic Book Alliance, The Voice of the British comics industry .
- Author(s)Tim Pilcher
- PublisherOctopus Publishing Group
- Date of Publication09/04/2012
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationLewes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note90 colour illustrations
- Weight90 g
- Width91 mm
- Height113 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and Other merchandise
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.