Little Cakes from the Whimsical Bakehouse by Kaye Hansen, Liv Hansen (Hardback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $21.91+ AU $7.50 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.92+ AU $6.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Cook Books
- AU $27.23New
- AU $14.76New
- AU $23.87New
Save on Cook Books
- AU $30.42Trending at AU $31.51
- AU $22.16Trending at AU $30.46
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $39.01
- AU $31.33Trending at AU $36.30
- AU $32.29Trending at AU $34.27
- AU $44.33Trending at AU $45.10
About this product
- DescriptionThe mania for miniature sweets is gaining momentum-maybe due to happy memories of the magical tea parties of our childhood, or the intimacy of having our own tiny treat in a supersized world, with need to share! The mother-daughter team at the Riviera Bakehouse in Westchester, New York, and authors of The Whimsical Bakehouse and Christmas Cookies from the Whimsical Bakehouse w present an abundance of fabulous new recipes for little decorated cakes, cheesecakes, cupcakes, and more-all in fresh flavor combinations, like caramel cake with dulce de leche buttercream or spicy chocolate cake with cinnamon-chocolate whipped cream. This comprehensive introduction to baking in miniature also provides tips on glazing, icing, and making chocolate decorations and offers details on the equipment you need to get started (including a cake pan chart, so that you can use those mini rose pans, heart pans, and other fun shapes to bake unique creations). The authors are famous for their over-the-top decorations, and they'll take you step-by-step through the process of creating cakes piped and appliqued with bumblebees (white chocolate wings and npareil stripes make them irresistible!), blooming roses (or, if you prefer, delicate hydrangeas with lifelike shaded petals), wild meringues (dressed with tiger stripes, zebra stripes, or leopard spots), and spiky dragons (right down to the serpentine tail). The recipes in Little Cakes from the Whimsical Bakehouse are categorized into three levels: one star for easy, two for intermediate, and three for challenging. So whether you want to start with a charming, super-easy star-shaped mini strawberry shortcake or strive for A Day at the Beach pail-shaped cake, complete with cookie-crumb sand, chocolate shovel, and edible seashells, you'll find a cool confection that fits your skills. If you're t ready for complicated decorating, this book also provides easy presentation ideas to make simple cakes look grander, ensuring the perfect finish to any occasion. Little cakes are as fun to make as they are delicious to eat! After all, who'd turn down a bit-and a bite-of joy in their lives?
- Author BiographyKaye Hansen is a self-taught baker and the owner of the Riviera Bakehouse in Westchester, the bakery of choice for devoted customers from Albany to New York City. Liv Hansen was trained as a painter before turning her eye for color and composition to buttercream and melted chocolate. The bakery has been featured in the New York Times, and the Hansens have appeared on Today, the Food Network, and The View. Both Kaye and Liv reside in Rockland County.
- Author(s)Kaye Hansen,Liv Hansen
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication22/02/2008
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintClarkson Potter
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight680 g
- Width192 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Photographer(s)Ben Fink
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.