All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Little Colonel is back, and this time she's a maid of hor. Her friend Eugenia is getting married, and the whole wedding party has come to stay at Lloyd's house. The old fashioned term for this kind of extended sleep-over/get-together is a house party. Reading Ms. Johnston's version of the delightful events leading up to the wedding is like traveling back to the time of slow summer days and long, white cotton dresses. In this story readers will be introduced to Mary Ware, the wild girl from Arizona who has traveled all the way to Kentucky for the festivities. Her untamed western ways make her an endearing character. Handsome young men, moonlit boat rides, and evening walks through the woods delight Lloyd and her dear friends as much as they do the reader. Perhaps Lloyd will even find the beginnings of love.
- PublisherPortfolio Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/01/2001
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationMaryland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPortfolio Press,U.S.
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight350 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $247.00Trending at AU $288.91
- AU $26.50Trending at AU $32.69
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.76
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.69
- AU $49.62Trending at AU $52.62
- AU $31.61Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $27.37Trending at AU $30.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.