About this product
- DescriptionOn a cold winter day, a curious dog wandered onto a frozen river, and before he knew it he was traveling fast on a sheet of ice. Many people tried to help, but the dog could t be reached. Finally, after two nights and seventy-five miles, the little dog was saved by a ship out in the Baltic Sea. The gallant rescue of the little dog nicknamed Baltic made international news. Monica Carnesi's simple text and charming watercolor illustrations convey all the drama of Baltic's journey. His story, with its happy ending, will warm readers' hearts. An author's te and map are included.
- Author BiographyMonica Carnesi (www.monicacarnesi.com) is an artist and librarian, which allows her to combine her love for illustration and passion for children's literature. An NPR story of the dog nicknamed Baltic inspired her to share his story with young readers. Originally from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, Monica now lives in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, with her husband and her own little dog.
- Author(s)Manica Carnesi,Maonica Carnesi,Mnica Carnesi,Monica Carnesi
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin Putnam Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width236 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Illustrator(s)Monica Carnesi
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,Picture book
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.