All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom Newbery Horee Marion Dane Bauer comes the tale of a boy who needs a dog, and a dog who needs a boy--a match made in heaven, if only the two can meet. Mark is a boy who needs a dog. But he can't get his mom on board with his plan. Buddy is a dog who needs a boy. Buddy has an owner already, but t one who understands the kind of love and care--the something more --a dog needs. Mr. LaRue is a neighbor who needs a community. He's alone all the time in his huge old house--and everyone needs more than that. Over the course of a summer thunderstorm and one chaotic town council meeting, these three characters cross paths and come together in a timeless tale ripe with emotions and told in verse that resolves with love, understanding, and a sense of belonging--plus a place to play a game of fetch!
- Author BiographyMarion Dane Bauer is the author of many books for young readers, including the Newbery Honor book On My Honor and the New York Times bestseller My Mother Is Mine. Her other titles include A Mama for Owen, If You Were Born a Kitten, Grandmother's Song, and Thank You for Me! She has recently retired from the faculty of the Vermont College of Fine Arts MFA program in Writing for Children and Young Adults, where she was the first Faculty Chair. She lives in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, and can be reached at MarionDaneBauer.com.Jennifer A. Bell graduated with a degree in Fine Arts from the Columbus College of Art and Design and worked for several years as a product designer before establishing herself as an illustrator. She lives with her husband and son in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Author(s)Marion Dane Bauer
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSimon & Schuster
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight372 g
- Width148 mm
- Height219 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Illustrator(s)Jennifer A Bell
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.12
- AU $26.00Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.54
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $11.95
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.39
- AU $49.51Trending at AU $52.88
- AU $36.20Trending at AU $44.77
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.