All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA modern fable. A RYO Reading Group Classic. How does a mango hanging from a high limb of a lakeside branch fulfill its desire to be a Big Tree on a prized plot of land? It has hands to do its bidding, mouth to shout its calling, and feet to find a way through this place with plans for far less trees. Here is storytelling in the beautiful traditions of Lord Of The Flies, Treasure Island, and The Alchemist. Explore Amora. Discover the essentials of a worthy dream. Accompany Little Mango to the soul of desire. Experiment with Palu's pellucola. In this swift, stimulating, occasionally sensual, quite often humorous journey along life's treacherous arc, find the secret to an immortal legacy. While you laugh, learn the art of being irresistible. A mango can. Shouldn't you? Listen to nature's rhythms. The kiskadee sings. Miss Aenna sings. Noel howls in his incence. Trees dance. Wallupadoopap sings the truth. Even if you lose a tear here and there, you'll sing. You'll probably shake something too; just don't shoot the pig. If you've ever shelved a dream, or given up; if you have a dream; if you think it's too late to dream; if you have reason to dream whatsoever; this is our gift to you. If you are building a legacy, or wished you did; if you built a legacy to last more than three days past your last breath; if you haven't a prayer in Choca-Mocha of having any legacy whatsoever; give this gift to yourself. You are worth something, we think. So, how does a little mango, against all odds, achieve its dream of being a Big Mango Tree? You'll find that in this easy read. If you're looking to be a superhero instead, well, that's in here too. Besides, these times are calling for a fresh view. Here's a window. Enjoy.
- Author BiographyPeter George, born in the Land Of Eldorado, that famous city of gold in the shadows of the Amazon, is the son of the brilliant educator and innovator, Norma George, and the creative genius, Frank Ritch. Peter George, BSEE, MBA, a passionate award winning story teller and actor, has been sharing these enlightening, humorous, transformative mango stories around the globe. Peter publishes other novels and non-fiction books under a penname.
- Author(s)MR Peter George,Miss Lexi Renee
- Date of Publication01/10/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight186 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $31.01New
- AU $78.85New
- AU $21.56New
- AU $43.88New
- AU $23.51New
- AU $25.04New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.48Trending at AU $31.01
- AU $76.61Trending at AU $78.85
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $83.16
- AU $59.72Trending at AU $61.86
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $20.85
- AU $22.26Trending at AU $22.91
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $82.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.