All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
About this product
- DescriptionA girl with a crippling pea-phobia, a woman driven to murderous rage in an Anger Management Workshop, a wife torn between her dashing artist-lover and her uptight accountant-husband - these are some of the characters in Wendy Perriam's fifth short-story collection. Whatever the scenario, Perriam is alive to the raw emotion and underlying drama in even the most limited of lives, combining the daily dilemmas of personal relationships with a deeper exploration of psychological complexities.Many of the stories focus on some triumph or trauma of the human heart. Thirteen-year-old Kirsty is heartbroken on account of her father leaving home; Lynn eats her heart out over the mysterious Indonesians she has invited in off the street; stolid, suburban Ian undergoes a heart-transplant that t only saves his life, but changes his whole life and personality. And t forgetting Brian, the freckled, sandy-haired credit controller who, on his first-ever trip abroad, loses his heart to sultry Fiorella in Sorrento.Haunting and humorous by turns, this new collection depicts that a world of happiness and heartache lie perilously close.
- Author BiographyWendy Perriam's fifteen novels have been acclaimed for their psychological insight and their power to disturb, divert and shock. Expelled from her convent boarding school for heresy, she read History at Oxford and also trod the boards. After a stint in advertising and a variety of more offbeat jobs, she now divides her time between writing and teaching. Her first short-story collection, Dreams, Demons and Desire, was praised as a long-awaited treat - exciting and enchanting;' her second, Virgin in the Gym, as 'a feast of fantasy that will amuse and provoke in equal measure'; her fourth as 'literary, funny, moving. In a word, wonderful.'
- Author(s)Wendy Perriam
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication30/06/2008
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRobert Hale Ltd
- Out-of-print date08/11/2010
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.