All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a heartwarming story about our beloved pony Frisky. She observes the competition and later love that grows between two sisters, Kate and Tess. Tess becomes eligible for the cherished barrel racing award, Rider of the Year Belt Buckle. Her younger sister, Kate must decide whether to help Tess by allowing her to ride Frisky in the final competition. Both Kate and Tess learn how to share and improve their relationship. This is the third book in the Little Miss Frisky series. However, it is t necessary to read the books in order. All of the Frisky books have self-esteem and character building themes. They are all beautifully illustrated and have large print. Sister Love is the only book in this series to have a Christmas theme. Kate is t allowed to ride Daisy after her sister Tess becomes a good barrel racer. This causes her to want a horse of her own. Kate asks for a horse for Christmas. Her mother explains that they simply cant afford one. This book would be of great interest to any horse lover. It would be particularly exciting to a barrel racing enthusiast.
- Author BiographyLinda Thomas grew up in Illinois. She studied oil painting as a young child. Her artistic talent grew as she did. She had a passion for sculpture as well as drawing. She graduated from Bethel College in St. Paul, Minnesota. She earned a B.A. with majors in Elementary Education and Physical Education. She enjoyed interning in the underprivileged areas of downtown Minneapolis and St. Paul. The Lord led her to leave the cold weather of Minnesota and Illinois and teach fourth grade in Immokaee, a small farming town in Florida. She acquired her Master's Degree in Administration of Education while teaching there. She later enjoyed teaching physical education in Naples, Florida. Linda retired from teaching after thirty years as a public school teacher in Collier County. She lives on a small ranch with her husband, Harold, where they train quarter horses and raise cattle. Linda is the author of the Little Miss Frisky series, Little Miss Frisky: A Story about an Unwanted Pony, Little Miss Frisky: A Brave Little Horse, as well as this story Little Miss Frisky: Sister Love. She has also written the short devotional Upward Climbing. Linda enjoys playing the guitar and has recently written He Put a Song in my Heart, a Christian contemporary songbook with chords for guitar. It's wonderful to be able to retire to what God has been preparing me to do for a lifetime. God enabled me to write and illustrate these books so naturally. It was almost as if the words and the pictures just rolled off the pages with no effort on my part! It is my hope that children of all ages will enjoy reading these stories.
- Author(s)Linda Kay Thomas
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication23/11/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight86 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Illustrator(s)Linda Kay Thomas
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statementlarge type edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.