All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA riveting and powerful story of a runaway girl lured into prostitution in New York City, perfect for fans of Ellen Hopkins and Patricia McCormick.What do you do if you're in trouble? When Michelle runs away from her drug-addicted mother, she has just eugh money to make it to New York City, where she hopes to move in with a friend. But once she arrives at the bustling Port Authority, she is confronted with the terrifying truth: She is alone and out of options.Then she meets Devon, a good-looking, well-dressed guy who emerges from the crowd armed with a kind smile, a place for her to stay, and eyes that seem to understand exactly how she feels. But Devon is t who he seems to be, and soon Michelle finds herself engulfed in the world of child prostitution, where he becomes her Daddy and she is his Little Peach. It is a world of impossible choices, where the line between love and abuse, captor and savior, is blurred beyond recognition.This hauntingly vivid story illustrates the human spirit's indomitable search for home and one girl's struggle to survive.
- Author(s)Peggy Kern
- PublisherBalzer & Bray/Harperteen
- Date of Publication10/03/2015
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBalzer & Bray/Harperteen
- Weight272 g
- Width145 mm
- Height221 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.