All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA classic retelling of Little Red Riding Hood's encounter with a wicked wolf while visiting her grandmother. Gennady Spirin, in his adaptation of the Brother Grimms' earliest version of Little Red Cap, tells the story of a young girl in a red hood who takes a cake to her sick grandmother. Along the way, she meets a wicked wolf who tricks her into thinking he's her granny. Sumptuous illustrations, inspired by the golden age of Dutch painting in the 17th century and Renaissance, capture the charm and spirit of a tale that has remained steadfast in oral and written versions throughout the centuries. An author's te about the tale's history is included.
- Author BiographyGennady Spirin was classically educated at the Moscow Art School at the Academy of Arts and at the Moscow Stroganov Institute. Influenced by Russian Renaissance painters, Mr. Spirin has developed his own unique style of illustration using traditional Russian art techniques. His work appeared four times on the annual New York Times Ten Best Illustrated Books of the Year list. He lives in Princeton, New Jersey.
- Author(s)Gennady Spirin
- PublisherAmazon Publishing
- Date of Publication03/06/2014
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationSeattle
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTwo Lions
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight118 g
- Width211 mm
- Height269 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Gennady Spirin
- Reading AgeFrom P
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.49Trending at AU $29.23
- AU $26.50Trending at AU $33.19
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.48
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $43.81
- AU $31.94Trending at AU $38.51
- AU $19.13Trending at AU $19.55
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.