All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBland Simpson regales us with new tales of the region's water-loving land , revealing how its creeks, streams, and rivers shape the region's geography as well as its culture. Drawing on their deep family ties and coastal travels, he and wife and collaborator Ann Cary Simpson tell the stories of those who have lived and worked in this country, chronicling both a distinct environment and way of life. Whether rhapsodizing about learning to sail on the Pasquotank River or eating oysters on Ocracoke, he introduces readers to the people and communities along the watery web of myriad little rivers that define North Carolina's sound country as it meets the Atlantic. With nearly sixty of Ann Simpson's photographs, Little Rivers joins the Simpsons' two previous works, Into the Sound Country and The Inner Islands, in offering a rich narrative and visual documentation of eastern North Carolina's particular beauty. Urging readers to take te of the poetry in every rivulet and rill, every creek, crick, branch, run, stream, prong, fork, river, pocosin, swamp, basin, estuary, cove, bay, and sound , the Simpsons show how the coastal plain's river systems are in many ways the region's heart and soul.
- Author BiographyBland Simpson is Kenan Distinguished Professor of English and Creative Writing at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA and pianist for the Red Clay Ramblers. Photographer Ann Cary Simpson is a consultant with Moss + Ross of Durham and interim director of NC Catch, a nonprofit supporting fishermen and local seafood.
- Author(s)Bland Simpson
- PublisherThe University of North Carolina Press
- Date of Publication30/09/2015
- SubjectPeople & Places: General
- Place of PublicationChapel Hill
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University of North Carolina Press
- Content Note71 halftones, 2 maps
- Weight825 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Photographs byAnn Cary Simpson
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.