All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionThere's a rule savvy diners seeking the ultimate in ethnic authenticity always follow: Eat where the locals eat. The Little Saigon Cookbook takes you inside the local restaurants in Southern California's Little Saigon, the site of the largest single population of Vietnamese outside of Vietnam. From the French-inspired bakeries, the lunch delis, and the food courts to the weekend mayhem of the Pho house and wedding receptions at the boisterous seafood restaurants, these are the extraordinary meals that Vietnamese diners and others in the kw enjoy every day.The Little Saigon Cookbook offers dozens of family recipes, many surviving through oral history alone. It takes readers on a tour of culinary landmarks and introduces them to the wealth of authentic dishes found in Little Saigon-from the hot and crispy Vietnamese crepes down Bolsa Avenue to the crunchy, tangy chicken and cabbage goi salad from the Asian Mall.
- Author BiographyAnn Le has lived most of her life in the area of Southern California known as Little Saigon, where her family moved in 1975 after the fall of Saigon. Julie Fay Ashborn's travels through Southeast Asia have inspired her photography in the books To Asia with Love, To Vietnam with Love, and Communion: A Culinary Journey Through Vietnam.
- Author(s)Ann Le
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication03/04/2012
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGlobe Pequot Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations, maps
- Weight32 g
- Width217 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Photographs byJulie Fay Ashborn
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.