All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.69
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.73
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.70
- AU $24.46Trending at AU $29.56
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.51
- AU $20.71Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $19.00
About this product
- DescriptionThe Adventure of a Chinese Dragon King in America Continues.After a 3-month journey to the Five Realms of Twilight, Little Tiger and his dragon companion Sara come home older, wiser and ready to make a stand against the Beast Witch Queen holding his blood memory hostage. As the young king prepares and trains, he begins to have visions of the secrets in his Beijing garden, his seat of power seized by the servants of Chaos. Time keeps him from China. Duty keeps him from his best friend, dying of cancer despite all efforts, magic and otherwise, to help her. And when Little Tiger and his guardian Watchwardens face the Queen of Beast Witches, they do t see the trap set for them until it is too late. And Sara may have to pay for their freedom with her life.
- Author BiographyD. B. Patterson writes contemporary fiction for adults, as well as fantasy/adventure fiction for teens and kids. His short works have been published in Elephants & Other Gods, Ramble Underground, Shalla Magazine, Larks Fiction Magazine, and Cerulean Rain. His books for young readers include The Christmas Witchling and Little Tiger series. His illustrated books for early readers include four top-selling Lamby Lambpants storybook adventures and a coloring book. His first novel for adults, Perdido River Bastard, was released August 2014.D. B. Patterson's literary influences include the writings of Toni Morrison, Flannery O'Connor, Pat Conroy, John Irving, Dorothy Allison, Harper Lee, Mark Twain, William Faulkner, Ernest Hemingway, Tennessee Williams, Paulo Coelho, John Jakes, Margaret Mitchell, Carson McCullers, J.D. Salinger, Joseph Campbell, Shakespeare, and Stephen King.Patterson's deeply personal professional mission to create flawed characters who aspire to better themselves or try to achieve redemption was forged from his development of Lamby Lambpants, a sassy disfigured toy lamb magically brought to life by Chinese dragon magic. Creating Lamby's world, Patterson says. That process rooted me to an economical kind of storytelling, which is very honest and emotionally engaging when it's done the right way. Although Little Tiger's tale was crafted from simple ingredients, the themes come from the collective unconscious, which are heightened when presented in their simplest forms. For me, blindly revealing what's already there in our shared human mythology isn't as interesting as peeling back the layers of the journey a character takes toward that revelation.
- Author(s)D Byron Patterson
- PublisherLove & Fleece LLC
- Date of Publication25/05/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLove & Fleece LLC
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight122 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.