All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book, written so lovingly by Alvan Mitchell, recounts what it was like to grow up in small-town Oklahoma during the 1920s. Specifically, it reconstructs the activities of Little Tom, or Thomas E. Berry, and Fats, that is Alvan Mitchell, during the golden days of their youth in Ripley, Oklahoma. Now a classic for residents of Payne County, Oklahoma, this delightful book will entertain, amuse, and take the reader back to a time when life held great adventures for young boys.
- Author BiographyAlvan L. Mitchell, formerly of Ripley, was the real-life Fats in his book. Ultimately living in California, Mitchell was the author of technical manuals and articles, various trade brochures, short stories, two books, and a newspaper column, The Red Baron. As a Lt. Colonel in the U.S. Air Force during World War II, he wrote the manual used by the air force for shipping air freight.
- Author(s)Alvan L Mitchell
- PublisherNew Forums Press
- Date of Publication24/08/1983
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Forums Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight308 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $30.89New
- AU $71.58New
- AU $78.99New
- AU $49.08New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.46Trending at AU $30.89
- AU $12.20Trending at AU $16.32
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $78.99
- AU $10.69Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $82.83
- AU $10.79Trending at AU $18.62
- AU $22.29Trending at AU $22.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.