All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Wall Street Journal 's popular columnist Jason Gay delivers a hilarious and heartfelt guide to modern living. The book you hold in your hand is a rule book. There have been rule books before stacks upon stacks of them but this book is unlike any other rule book you have ever read. It will t make you rich in twenty-four hours, or even seventy-two hours. It will t cause you to lose eighty pounds in a week. This book has abdominal exercises. I have been doing abdominal exercises for most of my adult life, and my abdomen looks like it s always looked. It looks like flan. Syrupy flan. So we can just limit those expectations. This book does t offer a crash diet or a plan for maximizing your best self. I don t kw a thing about your best self. It may be embarrassing. Your best self might be sprinkling peanut M&M s onto rest-stop pizza as we speak. I cant promise that this book is a road map to success. And we should probably set aside the goal of total happiness. There s such thing. I would, however, like for it to make you laugh. Maybe think. I believe it is possible to find, at any age, a new appreciation for what you have and what you don t have as well as for the people closest to you. There s a way to experience life that does t involve a phone, a tablet, a television screen. There s also a way to experience life that does t involve eating seafood at the airport, because you should really never eat seafood at the airport. Like the title says, I want us all to achieve little victories. I believe that happiness is derived less from a significant single accomplishment than it is from a series of successful daily maneuvers. Maybe it s the way you feel when you walk out the door after drinking six cups of coffee, or surviving a family vacation, or playing the rowdy family Thanksgiving touch football game, or just learning to embrace that music at the gym. Accomplishments do t have to be large to be meaningful. I think little victories are the most important ones in life. From the Introduction From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyJason Gay is a sports columnist at The Wall Street Journal and the MVP of Super Bowl XLIX*. He has written for publications including Vogue, GQ, Rolling Stone and The New York Observer. He lives in Brooklyn, New York, with his family and a passive-aggressive cat. * Okay fine. Tom Brady was the MVP of Super Bowl XLIX. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Jason Gay
- PublisherRandom House Audio Publishing Group
- Date of Publication03/11/2015
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Audio Publishing Group
- Weight159 g
- Width130 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Read byJason Gay
- Contained items statement4 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time300
Best-selling in Audio Books
- AU $46.16New
- AU $18.16New
- AU $31.48New
Save on Audio Books
- AU $47.23Trending at AU $49.10
- AU $18.49Trending at AU $20.18
- AU $27.36Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $27.76Trending at AU $50.64
- AU $31.73Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $41.06
- AU $17.69Trending at AU $22.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.