All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
About this product
- DescriptionThe hard-boiled detective genre gets a millennial makeover in this smart Chicagoland mystery. Little Village finds Duncan Walsh and his girlfriend, Ginger McAllister, in their small office on historic LaSalle Street. Duncan spends most days buried in the minutiae involved in being the managing editor of their start-up blog, Vision: Chicago, while Ginger holds the enterprise afloat as the marketing and advertising wiz. With its small staff of unpaid interns, the Vision covers news, sports, politics, the art scene...and missing persons. The blog had received a good kick-start when the team tracked down a missing university student. Of course, the investment by Duncan's best friend, Luis Martinez, was a big help, too. So when Luis comes to Duncan with ather missing person case to investigate, there can only be one response. An adorable nine-year-old girl has gone missing. However, she's undocumented, as are her parents, which complicates matters. But Duncan is as determined as ever to find her, going so far as to create a dangerous alliance with local gang leader Oscar Sosa. Navigating the dark underworld of human trafficking brings more surprising twists and turns, as Duncan learns just how vulnerable the Windy City's sizable community of undocumented immigrants is.
- Author BiographyMark Allen graduated from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign with a degree in journalism, as well as a degree from the John Marshall Law School, with honors. He is an attorney and writer residing in the Chicago suburbs with his wife and son. A lifelong fan of mysteries, Little Village is the second book in his Duncan Walsh mystery series, following Six Months of September. Email: Markallenwriter@gmail.com.
- Author(s)Mark Allen
- Date of Publication21/03/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.