All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLittle Words is an interdisciplinary examination of the functions and change in the use of clitics, prouns, determiners, conjunctions, discourse particles, auxiliary/light verbs, prepositions, and other little words that have played a central role in linguistic theory and in language acquisition research. Leading scholars present advanced research in phology, morphology, syntax, semantics, discourse function, historical development, variation, and acquisition by children and adults. This unique volume integrates the views and findings of these different research areas into one professional source to be used within and across disciplines. Languages studied include English, Spanish, French, Romanian, German, Norwegian, Swedish, Slavonic, and Medieval Leonese.
- Author BiographyRonald P. Leow is an associate professor of Spanish applied linguistics and director of Spanish Language Instruction at Georgetown University. Hector Campos is an associate professor of Spanish and Portuguese, linguistics, and modern Greek at Georgetown University. Donna Lardiere is an associate professor of linguistics at Georgetown University.
- PublisherGeorgetown University Press
- Date of Publication27/02/2009
- Series TitleGeorgetown University Round Table on Languages & Linguistics Series
- Place of PublicationWashington, DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGeorgetown University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byDonna Lardiere,Hector Campos,Ronald P. Leow
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.49
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.88
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.78
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.