Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionLive, Laugh, and Love with Dementia is a story of hope and how our family t only triumphed over the trials and tribulations of caring for a family member with dementia but how we grew closer to one ather and to God. It was by far the most difficult yet rewarding time of our lives. I dedicate this book to caregivers everywhere, especially those caring for a family member with this horrible disease. This humorous account depicts the realities of dementia. Our family created coping mechanisms which included laughter because laughter lowers your blood pressure. It was only when Mom died that we realized that her seven year struggle with this terrible disease was meant to teach our family lessons of hope, faith, perseverance and unconditional love. I felt compelled to write this book in order to share the legal and medical information we gleaned along the way. In the end, I believe all we have is family and it is our responsibility to care for one ather. Today it is believed that 1 out of 2 baby boomers living to age 85 will have dementia. A minimum of 20% of the net proceeds from this book will go toward Alzheimer's research in the hope of a cure.
- Author BiographyLuann R. Sackrider is a graduate of Springfield College in Springfield, Massachusetts where she majored in Elementary and Special Education and minored in Psychology. Her passion is teaching children; she spent over twenty five years in the classroom. Caregiving for her mother profoundly affected her life, which created a desire to raise funds for research and a cure for dementia. This is her first book.
- Author(s)Luann R Sackrider
- Date of Publication11/12/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight145 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.