All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen you lift your scarf with both hands above your head and sing You'll Never Walk Alone at Anfield, your heart inflates ten times its rmal size, a well of emotions bores through your centre, and life suddenly seems infinitely more precious than it did just seconds before. 'At the end of the storm is a golden sky/ And the sweet silver song of a lark...' It was around the lark bit where I had to take stock. Pausing mid-song t only made me realise just how superior the voices around me were to my own, it also prevented me from breaking down and bawling my cry-baby eyes out. Yup, when it comes to Liverpool I'm a sentimental fool. Glenn Bowden, Kiwi by birth and Scouse by desire, makes a pilgrimage to Liverpool to see his team victorious on their home ground of Anfield. For years, he has admired the Liverpool way - the code of conduct that instills a sense of community, continuity, and soul. Finally, he had to experience it for himself. If football has an evangelist, it is the passionate Bowden. Disbelievers will be swayed by his fervour, disarmed by his humour, and will come to love Liverpool, city and team. Just ather book about football? Don't be fooled, Bowden's affection and acerbic humour is turned on the city of Liverpool, its inhabitants and the unlucky people in his life. It is as much a rich travelogue and witty autobiography as a celebration of football and the Liverpool FC. By the end of the book you'll yearn to see Liverpool, doff your hat before Bill Shankly's statue, and sing with 40,000 loyal Scousers You'll Never Walk Alone.
- Author BiographyGlenn Bowden was born in Christchurch, New Zealand, in 1974. His first travel story won him a trip for two to South America. His novel, Cutting Caleb Keys, was published by Penguin Books in 2007.
- Author(s)Glenn Bowden
- Date of Publication24/08/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight399 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.