All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt's secret that Beethoven went deaf, that Mozart had constant money problems, and that Gilbert and Sullivan wrote musicals. But what were these people--and other famous musicians--really like? What did they eat? What did they wear? How did they spend their time? And--possibly most interesting of all--what did their neighbors think? Discover the fascinating and often humorous stories of twenty famous musicians--people of all shapes, sizes, temperaments, and lifestyles, from various countries and historical periods. Beginning with Vivaldi and ending with Woodie Guthrie, Lives of the Musicians brings musical history to life!
- Author BiographyKathleen Krullhas written muchinnovative nonfiction for young people, including all of the books in the Lives of . . . series, and has made a chatty, accessible approach to biography her hallmark. She lives in San Diego, California. Visit her website at www.kathleenkrull.com.Kathryn Hewitt's caricatures of famous figures led kids to dub the Lives of . . . series the Big Head books. She has illustrated many books for young readers, some of which she also wrote. She lives in Santa Monica, California. Visit her website at www.kathrynhewitt.com.
- Author(s)Kathleen Krull
- PublisherHarcourt Brace and Company
- Date of Publication05/11/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Series TitleLives of . . .
- Country of PublicationChina
- ImprintHarcourt Brace and Company
- Content Notecolour illustrations, frontispiece
- Weight295 g
- Width181 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Illustrator(s)Kathryn Hewitt
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Sewn
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $247.00Trending at AU $288.91
- AU $26.50Trending at AU $32.69
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.76
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.69
- AU $49.64Trending at AU $52.62
- AU $35.74Trending at AU $44.54
- AU $31.62Trending at AU $38.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.