All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe rapidly changing nature of animal production systems, especially increasing intensification and globalization, is playing out in complex ways around the world. Livestock in a Changing Landscape offers a comprehensive examination of these important and far-reaching trends. The books are an outgrowth of a collaborative effort involving international ngovernmental organizations including the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), the International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI), the Swiss College of Agriculture (SHL) at Bern University of Applied Sciences, the French Agricultural Research Centre for International Development (CIRAD), and the Scientific Committee on Problems of the Environment (SCOPE). The volumes present new, sustainable approaches to the challenges created by fundamental shifts in livestock management and production, and represent an essential resource for policymakers, industry managers, and academics involved with this issue.
- Author BiographyHenning Steinfeld, chief, Livestock Information, Sector Analysis and Policy Branch, FAO. Harold A. Mooney, professor, Department of Biological Sciences, Stanford University. Fritz Schneider, vice director, Swiss College of Agriculture, Bern University of Applied Sciences. Laurie E. Neville, program coordinator, Department of Biological Sciences, Stanford University. Pierre Gerber, livestock policy officer, Livestock Information, Sector Analysis and Policy Branch, FAO. Jeroen Dijkman, livestock development officer, Pro-Poor Livestock Policy Initiative, Sector Analysis and Policy Branch, FAO. Shirley Tarawali, director, People, Livestock, and the Environment Theme, ILRI. Cees de Haan, retired livestock development advisor; currently a consultant at World Bank.
- PublisherIsland Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2010
- SubjectAgriculture & Farming
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIsland Press
- Content Noteblack & white tables, maps, figures
- Weight1089 g
- Width213 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byFritz Schneider,Harold A. Mooney,Henning Steinfeld,Laurie E. Neville
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.