All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an indispensable handbook for anyone living afloat! An estimated 15,000 people live on board boats in the UK and many more are interested in possibly doing so. The aim of this beautifully illustrated guide is to help people live the dream and t the nightmare, providing a useful step by step illustrated guide on the basics of getting afloat and staying there. The book covers the different types of craft available to the buyer and their good and bad points, and discusses such practicalities as moorings, engines (including basic maintenance and fault finding), layout and furnishing a boat, heating and cooking, types of fuel and stove, safety, options on sanitation, electrics, hull blacking, painting, water tank, survival tips and finances. This is a must-have guide for anyone wishing to get onto the water, as well as those already living there!
- Author BiographyNick Corble has written a number of books for Tempus, including Britain's Canals: A Handbook, James Brindley: The First Canal Builder, and The South Oxford Canal Towpath Guide. He lives in Buckinghamshire. Allan Ford has written Riding the Wall of Death for Tempus, co-authored with Nick Corble, and has lived on a canal boat for ten years.
- Author(s)Allan Ford,Nick Corble
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2008
- SubjectWater Sports
- Series TitleTowpath Guides
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Note70 black and white and 50 colour illustrations
- Weight250 g
- Width124 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.48New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.