Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.32
About this product
- DescriptionLiving Awake addresses the age-old quest for enlightenment and the desire to have more love, happiness, and fulfillment in life, yet is written from a modern western perspective. It addresses questions such as: Who am I? How did I get to be the way I am and how can I change? How does this reality I find myself in actually work? How can I create more of what I want in my relationships and in life? The book presents easily understandable models that the reader can validate in his or her own experience. Exercises in each chapter assist the reader in making these models experientially alive. Once the models are built, Landon presents a powerful process of self-actualization to help the reader begin to create more love, happiness and fulfillment in his or her everyday life - where it counts the most. This is the manual for how to be a human BEING that we all should have received as we began life's miraculous journey. But since we didn't, it is essential reading for all those who wish to transform their everyday lives and especially their relationships, creating more joy and fulfillment. Landon Carter went to some of the best schools America has to offer: Andover, Yale and Harvard Business School. In 1972, at age 28, he had achieved most of the elements of 'the American Dream' and yet was t happy. This wake up call prompted a life long quest for the answers to some of life's most fundamental questions. Over the years, Landon has worked with over 70,000 people in both the public and business arenas on the subject matter presented in this book. Living Awake represents his current understanding of the answers to the above questions. It contains the essential information he feels each of us should kw, a guidebook on being a human Being.
- Author BiographyLandon Carter first went to India in 1971. Since that time, his life has been dedicated to his own evolution, to learning the dynamics of how we create reality, and to sharing his insights with others. He is a graduate of Andover, Yale, and Harvard Business School. Landon had both failed and succeeded in most arenas of life: business, relationships, and sports and the lessons learned and shared will hopefully make other's lives easier and happier. Landon has worked for Wall Street firms, helped develop Snowmass at Aspen, been a trainer for est (now Landmark Education), Lifespring, and Human Factors. He founded World Runners, Dynamic Financial Presentations, International Learning Dynamics and co-founded Active Learning Inc. He completed the Iditarod Dog Sled Race in 1980 and was 9 time U.S. National Masters Champion in single sculls (rowing). Landon lives with his wife, Diane Covington-Carter in Nevada City, CA and Golden Bay, New Zealand. He has three children and grandchildren. Diane and Landon recently completed their book on relationships that describes their process using the principles of Living Awake. The new book is called, Falling in Love Backwards: an unlikely tale of Happily Ever After.
- Author(s)Landon Carter
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication20/01/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight281 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.