All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Christian mystery, celebrated in the Roman Catholic liturgy, is a sensible mystery, and calls out for artistic expression. Living Beauty explores the Christian mystery and points to the need for a liturgical aesthetic as a means to encounter the divine mystery. A liturgical aesthetic gives an account of Christian worship in terms of a new set of categories that includes divine beauty, a theology of sensibility, and the new tion of a unitive revelatory experience.
- Author BiographyAlejandro Garcia-Rivera is professor of systematic theology at the Jesuit School of Theology, Berkeley. He is the author of A Wounded Innocence: Sketches for a Theology of Art. Thomas Scirghi is associate professor of liturgical theology at the Jesuit School of Theology, Berkeley. He regularly lectures on liturgical and sacramental theology.
- Author(s)Alejandro Garcia-Rivera,Thomas J. Scirghi
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication15/10/2007
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleCelebrating Faith: Explorations in Latino Spirituality and Theology
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width161 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $25.42Trending at AU $25.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.