All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe inadequate supply of organs in the United States and other countries continues to drive the reliance on living dor transplantation. In 2000, representatives of the transplant community convened for a meeting on living donation in an effort to provide guidelines to promote the welfare of living dors. The consensus statement that resulted from this meeting recommended that transplant centers retain an Independent Living Dor Advocate (ILDA) to focus on the best interest of the dor. A decade later, nearly every transplant center in the United States, performing living dor surgeries, has incorporated an ILDA into their living dor screening and/or evaluation process Living Dor Advocate provides an overview of living donation and its risks, ethical challenges and future developments, as well as details about the role a Living Dor Advocate plays in the transplantation process. This book will interest health professionals across various disciplines and patients undergoing transplantation or living dor surgery.
- Author BiographyJennifer Steel is an Independent Living Donor Advocate (ILDA) at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center's Transplant Center. She is also on the executive committee of ILDAs for the National Kidney Foundation, and recently published the results of a national survey of ILDAs in the American Journal of Transplantation and completed a webinar for the Department of Health and Human Services concerning living donor advocacy.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication22/11/2013
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note28 black & white illustrations, 25 colour illustrations, 25 black & white tables, biography
- Weight581 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byJennifer Steel
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.