All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book brings the events and themes of Easter into the rest of the year. In the Christian tradition, we make much of the Christ-child and Christ crucified but are much more reticent about Christ risen, in spite of the fact that it's the risen life we're supposed to be sharing most of the time. We go through Lent and Holy Week with great seriousness but Easter gets one great day and then we're t sure what to do with it. This book is full of ideas, reflections, and resources on how to extend the message of resurrection through the coming weeks and into the rest of our lives. It includes 'articles' of accessible reflection, ways to celebrate resurrection and to continue the 'risen life', worship ideas, stories and personal experience, poetry, music and art, a home group/cell group course, literature and film, cartoons and humour etc, all designed to give a variety of points of entry to the theme of resurrection.
- Author BiographyTHE RT REVD JOHN PRITCHARD is Bishop of Jarrow. He was Archdeacon of Canterbury and, before that, Warden of Cranmer Hall, Durham. He has written several books for SPCK, including the bestselling The Intercessions Handbook (1997) and its follow-up The Second Intercessions Handbook; Beginning Again (2000); Living the Gospel Stories Today (2001), and How to Pray (2002).
- Author(s)John M. Pritchard
- PublisherSPCK Publishing
- Date of Publication23/09/2005
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSPCK Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight200 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.51Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.