All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis new 7th edition includes an up-to-date culture and vocabulary guide, allowing you to broaden your kwledge of contemporary language and customs. Do you want to learn German or brush up what you kw already? Are you looking for a course with a traditional approach to language learning, based on solid grammatical foundations, translation skills and practical vocabulary? If so, this is the course for you. The material covers a variety of everyday topics in a simple, concise manner. There are plenty of examples and explanations to illustrate how the language works and to build confidence. Each unit, designed to build systematically on what you have already learned, contains: - clear grammar explanations - vocabulary lists - reading material consisting of a story, dialogue or letter - questions for speaking practice - exercises - 32pp test-yourself section giving you extra practice and allowing you to monitor your progress as you go through the course, helping you keep on top of tricky grammar points and regularly testing the vocabulary you're learning. There are also revision units to help you practise what you are learning. At the back of the book, an exercise key enables you to check your answers while grammar and vocabulary sections provide a useful reference. The accompanying audio will help you with listening and speaking. In addition to a full pronunciation section, it contains reading passages and dialogues from the course book, followed by comprehension questions in German, together with model answers. Download our free app, Teach Yourself Library, from the App Store or Google Play to access the free audio.
- Author BiographyPaul Coggle, who has revised R. W. Buckley's original course, is an experienced university teacher of German, who has taught courses from beginner to postgraduate level. He was a pioneer in the development and use of multimedia language learning materials at the University of Kent, and has acted as a Language Consultant for the BBC and the University of Cambridge Language Centre. He is series editor for the Teach Yourself language courses.
- Author(s)Paul Coggle,Richard Woods Buckley
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication30/03/2012
- LanguageEnglish & German
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder Paperback
- Content Noteillustrations, maps
- Weight378 g
- Width135 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Contained items statementContains CD-Audio and Paperback
- Edition StatementUnabridged
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.99Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.