All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionThis book for the Baby Boomer generation by best-sellingauthor, Karen Casey, is an exploration of the benefits of aging, what constitutes a well-lived life and strategies to make the best of the second half of life. The opening words in the first chapter provide the underlying theme: Breathe pause, breathe pause, breathe. They set the tone for what is to come - taking stock, sitting quietly, stepping aside (instead of into the middle), letting things unfold, acting with deliberation and care. These brief chapters are meditations that help readers make room for everything in a peaceful, vibrant, well-lived life. Each one is an invitation to contemplate and act. This book is replete with personal stories and quotes and imbued with Casey's own understanding of peaceful living as guided by her 12-step practice, A Course in Miracles, and a daily practice of meditation and prayer. Casey explores fear and love, resistance and acceptance, willpower and discernment. She brings to the fore what it means to have peace on a daily basis. This is a book to return to again and again and readers will savour each of the 75 meditations and the practices that follow them.
- Author BiographyKaren Casey is a writer and workshop facilitator for 12-step recovery and is the author of more than 25 books. She has travelled throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, Germany, Spain and Ireland carrying her message of hope to others on the road to recovery. In addition to her 12-step seminars, Casey is a sought after speaker.
- Author(s)Karen Casey
- PublisherConari Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication25/09/2015
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationBerkeley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1899
- ImprintConari Press,U.S.
- Weight318 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine23 mm
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.