All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNewport, Rhode Island - celebrated for its stunning seascapes, famous mansions, Jazz Festival, annual Flower Show and worldclass sailing - provides an enviable setting for a storied way of life. From Presidents to philanthropists, it is also kwn for the stylish residents who have summered and socialised here. In this fabled town where privacy is a treasured asset, Living Newport showcases both the heirs of the old guard and the new Newport social set; tastemakers all, they have the means and the ability to live anywhere but choose this perennially-favoured City by the Sea. How does private Newport entertain, decorate, party, garden, dress? In elegant settings worthy of Masterpiece Theater, social pastimes, rituals and well-earned traditions play out in lush images with Newport's exceptional old-world architecture as the centrepiece. Amusing tales and lively personal anecdotes capture the fresh twist to this distinctive lifestyle.
- Author BiographyBettie Bearden Pardee is the author of Private Newport, At Home and in the Garden. An accomplished hostess and active community leader, her home, Parterre, provides the ideal setting for carrying on Newport's tradition of gracious living. Chair of many events that are staples of the social season, including the Newport Flower Show, she is additionally the author of two books on entertaining. A former contributing editor to Bon Appetit, where she produced Entertaining with Style, Pardee was also host and creative producer of the thirteen-part PBS series The Presidential Palate: Entertaining at the White House. Photographer Mick Hales has worked with leading architects, designers, and editors to publish over 35 books featuring interiors, gardens, flower arranging and food. He is a regular contributor to magazines and has photographed for over 40 throughout the world.
- Author(s)Bettie Bearden Pardee,Mick Hales
- PublisherGlitterati Inc
- Date of Publication07/12/2014
- SubjectHouse & Home
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGlitterati Inc
- Content Note188 colour
- Weight1860 g
- Width240 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byNeale Kitchens
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $26.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.