All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionHeart failure-the expression alone is scary. The idea that the blood-pumping organ in our chest can struggle, stutter, or suddenly stop is deeply disconcerting. But for those who get the diagsis, the future is t necessarily bleak. With the right treatments and a healthy lifestyle that includes exercise and good nutrition, many people with heart failure can improve their condition and live well. Heart failure expert Edward K. Kasper, M.D., teams with journalist-and survivor-Mary Knudson to give readers an honest account of this misunderstood condition. The authors explain the complex science of heart failure and look critically at the care available. Living Well with Heart Failure, the Misnamed, Misunderstood Condition will help readers understand:* The causes of the condition* Normal and abrmal heart rhythms* How to recognize symptoms and when to seek treatment* Which diagstic tests to expect * The best treatments for different types of heart failure* How pacemakers work* The advantages and disadvantages of implantable cardioverter defibrillators * How to be safer in a hospital* What exercises result in increased heart, leg, arm, and core body strength * What foods to eat and what to avoid Informed by the shared kwledge of doctor and patient, those diagsed with heart failure and their loved ones will learn how to effectively manage the condition in this comprehensive and compassionate guide.
- Author BiographyEdward K. Kasper, M.D., is the E. Cowles Andrus Professor in Cardiology and Director of Clinical Cardiology at the Johns Hopkins Hospital. Mary Knudson is a national award-winning medical writer and editor. She was diagnosed with heart failure in 2003 and got well.
- Author(s)Edward K. Kasper,Mary Knudson
- PublisherJohns Hopkins University Press
- Date of Publication11/06/2010
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationBaltimore, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohns Hopkins University Press
- Content Note20, 20 black & white line drawings
- Weight522 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.