Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionRecommended by livestrong.com and ostomates.org this second edition printing is a comprehensive and easy-to-understand guide that covers the practical aspects of ostomy care. You will learn how to cope with the significant changes to your body that affect everything from traveling, dressing, playing sports, eating favorite foods and enjoying romantic and sexual relationships. And you will also easily related to the personal narratives that illuminate many of the challenges people with ostomies face. Living Well With an Ostomy covers basic information about various types of ostomies, what to expect from ostomy surgery, as well as psycho/social issues that may surface as a result of ostomy surgery, including those unique to certain groups, such as children, young adults, military personnel with combat injuries, and seniors. This book also includes new information on homeopathic and natural remedies for dealing with the ongoing care of an ostomy, and a substantial resources section that contains a host of references and links to additional sources.
- Author BiographyElizabeth Rayson has an MA is professional writing from the University of Waterloo. After working for several years as a technical writer, she decided to pursue her passion for consumer health writing and alternative approaches to health and healing. Now, in addition to her work as a writer, Rayson also teaches yoga and is currently studying traditional Chinese medicine. She currently lives in Toronto, Canada.
- Author(s)Elizabeth Rayson
- PublisherYour Health Press
- Date of Publication17/07/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYour Health Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight245 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.