All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionRichly photographed mograph with 35 projects spanning 10 years of work inspired by coastal locations Living Where Land Meets Sea' features 35 homes that showcase 10 years of work inspired by the coast and designed and built by Polhemus Savery DaSilva Architects Builders (PSD). This stunning volume also contains the firm's resort work; selected work in process; an introduction by John Wriedt; text by John R. DaSilva, the firm's Design Principal; and interpretive poetry written specifically for the book by GennaRose Nethercott. The work of PSD synthesises ideas from Modernism, the Shingle Style and New England vernacular architecture into unique, playful homes that are carefully crafted for each different site and client. 'Living Where Land Meets Sea' continues the lavishly illustrated and thoughtfully written coverage of PSD's work that occurs in previous IMAGES titles on the firm, 'Architecture of the Cape Cod Summer' and 'Shingled Houses in the Summer Sun,' and is a wonderful addition to IMAGES' expanding 'New Classicists' series. PSD's poetic architecture reflects on the beauty of living by the sea, and this major new mograph beautifully presents that work and the ideas embodied within it. AUTHOR: Polhemus Savery DaSilva Architects Builders is an integrated architecture and construction firm that designs and builds homes with timeless appeal and exceptional craftsmanship. The value of the art, craft and organisational skill the firm brings to every project has been widely recognised through local, regional and national awards for architectural design, preservation, construction, and business management. It is the relationships with, and accolades from, PSD's clients, however, that matter most and offer the strongest testimony in favour of its integrated design and construction model. John R. DaSilva is an architect, author, and the Design Principal at Polhemus Savery DaSilva. His award-winning work has been published world-wide. Bruce Snider, Senior Contributing Editor of Custom Home wrote of DaSilva: 'An architect so adept in visual and spatial expression gives up ne of his fluency in shifting to the written word. He is one of the few practitioners of his trade to be truly bilingual in this regard.' DaSilva is a graduate of Princeton and Yale Universities. SELLING POINTS: - Richly photographed mograph with 35 projects spanning 10 years of work inspired by coastal locations - Latest addition to IMAGES' expanding list within its 'New Classicists' series 400 col.
- Author BiographyJohn R. DaSilva is an architect, author, and the Design Principal at Polhemus Savery DaSilva. His award-winning work has been published world-wide. Bruce Snider, Senior Contributing Editor of Custom Home wrote of DaSilva: An architect so adept in visual and spatial expression... gives up none of his fluency in shifting to the written word. He is one of the few practitioners of his trade to be truly bilingual in this regard. DaSilva is a graduate of Princeton and Yale Universities.
- Author(s)Polhemus Savery DaSilva Architects Builders
- PublisherImages Publishing Group Pty Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2016
- Series TitleNew Classicists
- Place of PublicationMulgrave, Victoria
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintImages Publishing Group Pty Ltd
- Content Note400 colour
- Weight2540 g
- Width280 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine33 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.