All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis multi-author anthology is a short introduction to the world of existential psychotherapy, and specifically Existential Analysis. It gives concrete answers and demonstrates a way to apply this thinking in practice, providing outlines of its theoretical background, including Alfried Langle's four fundamental motivations.The mian themes of the book are: working with emotionality and subjective experience and its importance for a fulfilling life; meaning and happiness; and spirituality and temporality. It covers psychological disorders and their treatment in adults and children, and also deals with disability and handicap.
- Author BiographySilvia Langle, PhD, is a psychotherapist in private practice in Vienna, a training therapist of the Austrian Society for Logotherapy and Existential Analysis, and a Board Member of the International Society for Logotherapy and Existential Analysis. She has been Editor-in-chief of the journal 'Existenzanalyse' since 1995. She studied theory of science and theoretical physics in Innsbruck, Munich and Vienna. Encountering V. E. Frankl aroused her interest in Existential Psychotherapy as a phenomenological practice, prompting her to reflect on its relationship to the theory of science, and then to undergo her own training as a therapist. Christopher Wurm studied Medicine and German at the University of Adelaide, then trained as a Family Physician and studied Existential Psychotherapy in Vienna. In 2003 he was made a Foundation Fellow of the Australasian Chapter of Addiction Medicine. He has worked in Australia, England and Austria in clinical and teaching roles in Primary Care, Teaching Hospitals and Community Mental Health. He became Visiting Fellow, Discipline of Psychiatry, University of Adelaide in 2007. He is currently Senior Consultant, Drug and Alcohol Consultation Liaison Service, at the Royal Adelaide Hospital and Sefton Park Primary and Ambulatory Care, as well as GP Psychotherapist and Addiction Physician in private practice at Pooraka, South Australia.
- PublisherKarnac Books
- Date of Publication23/03/2016
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKarnac Books
- Weight454 g
- Width147 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byChristopher Wurm,Silvia Laengle
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $23.03New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.96
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.47
- AU $60.87Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.87
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.