All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionStatistics from the US Department of Justice regularly report that more than half of all of violent crime is perpetrated against unarmed women. Whether you are part of this demographic or you have a loved one who is, do you have a plan for when danger strikes? Do you kw how to defend yourself against attack or assault? In Living an Armed Life, NRA instructor and author Lynne Finch lists and explains expert tactics to help prepare women to protect themselves throughout their lives. Finch deftly covers dozens of topics pertaining to defending yourself as a woman, with chapters on: * Choosing when and where to carry * How to carry (both on and off the body) * Discerning when and when t to shoot * Arming yourself as you age * The effects of fear and adrenaline on your mental state Finch's text is an essential read for every woman--from the young college student to the elderly grandmother--who is looking to learn how best to defend herself. Unfortunately, you will never kw when danger is about to strike, but after reading Living an Armed Life, at least you'll be prepared when it does. Skyhorse Publishing is proud to publish a broad range of books for hunters and firearms enthusiasts. We publish books about shotguns, rifles, handguns, target shooting, gun collecting, self-defense, archery, ammunition, knives, gunsmithing, gun repair, and wilderness survival. We publish books on deer hunting, big game hunting, small game hunting, wing shooting, turkey hunting, deer stands, duck blinds, bowhunting, wing shooting, hunting dogs, and more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to publishing books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked by other publishers and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyLynne Finch holds multiple NRA instructor credentials, including Refuse to be a Victim, as well as being a SabreRed Pepper Spray instructor. and a Defensive Firearms Coach. Her first book, Taking Your First Shot, addressed defensive shooting for women. In her second book she continues talking about safety by including ideas and tips for keeping you and your family out of harm s way. Her third book, Female and Armed addresses more advanced defensive techniques. Finch authors a popular blog FemaleandArmed, as well as being a contributing writer for Gun Shows Today and Combat Handgun Magazine. Finch s training company, Female and Armed, is located in Northern Virginia where she resides with her two adorable rescue cats, Rhiannon and Cinnia.
- Author(s)Lynne Finch
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication04/10/2016
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSky Pony Press
- Content NoteColor photos throughout
- Weight514 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Foreword byC. S. Wilson
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.