All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis text is designed to empower patients with kwledge about their diagsis. As a patient handbook, it contains easy-to-read guidance on risk factors, diagsis, treatments, nutritional supports, and emotional counseling. Cancers of the head and neck affect patients in a variety of ways and perhaps more than any other group of patients require a team of physicians and health care providers to assist on this path of treatment. This book presents experience and expertise in a way that can be easily interpreted and provide rapid assistance in answering questions and provide guidance to you in your cancer journey. In addition to a description of modern therapies, this book provides a guide to healthy nutrition as well as a journal section to document the details of your cancer diagsis and treatment. You are t alone on this journey.
- Author BiographyDanko Martincic, MD: Dr. Martincic completed residency in internal medicine and a fellowship in hematology/oncology at Vanderbilt University. Richard O. Wein, MD, FACS: Dr. Wein performed his residency in Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery at the University of Rochester Medical Center in Rochester, NY. He subsequently completed fellowship in Head & Neck Surgical Oncology and Microvascular Reconstruction at the University of Pennsylvania Health System in Philadelphia. Heather Gabbert, MS, RD, LD: Heather attended Southern Illinois University at Carbondale and graduated with her Master's Degree in Dietetics in 1995. Kathy Beach, RN: Kathy graduated with her RN degree in 1993. She decided to get a degree in nursing after her mother was diagnosed with breast cancer. She spent sixteen years in hospital nursing where she worked on a wide range of units from Medical Oncology to Outpatient Surgery. Christopher M. Lee, MD: Dr. Lee attended Saint Louis University School of Medicine where he received his M.D. with Distinction in Research degree. He completed four additional years of specialty training in Radiation Oncology at the Huntsman Cancer Hospital.
- Author(s)Christopher M Lee MD
- PublisherProvenir Publishing
- Date of Publication15/06/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintProvenir Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight154 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.